Donegal Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donegal Community Forum

This forum is for anyone who is from, or whose family or ancestors hail(ed) from Co. Donegal. The main points of this group are to meet and keep in touch with family and friends and collect and exchange family history information of families and towns.

Fries of Kilmacrennan

to'donnellromano

Fries of Kilmacrennan Empty Fries of Kilmacrennan

Post  to'donnellromano Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 am

Neal Fries (Frize){b.1780} Kilmacrennan married Mary O'Neill. Son Neal {b. 1810} married Elizabeth Houston of Kilmacrennan. Their children: Hugh {1835}, John {b.1841},Neil {b.1846},Mary {b. unknown),Edward {1853}. John and Neil were blacksmiths and never married to my knowledge. I have no information on Mary. Edward married Mary unknown and was a grocer. Their children are: Lizzie, John, Edward, Mary and Rose. This family still resides in Kilmacrennan to my knowledge. My Great-great Grandfather Hugh Fries married Charlotte McBride of Ballyshannon. They had one child Michael Hugh Fries. Michael married Mary Murray of Drumbrick. They had eight children: (My grandmother)Charlotte, Hugh, Rose, Margaret, Mary Ann, Michael, Patrick and William. Charlotte emigrated to the US and settled in Philadelphia where she married Peter Gallagher of Termon. They had 11 children: Peter, Mary Elizabeth, Michael, Ann, James, Jackie, Charlotte, Rose Mary, Katherine, Francis,and Rita. My Mother Rose married John O'Donnell from Drifton, PA.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:45 pm