Donegal Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donegal Community Forum

This forum is for anyone who is from, or whose family or ancestors hail(ed) from Co. Donegal. The main points of this group are to meet and keep in touch with family and friends and collect and exchange family history information of families and towns.

Toal Gallagher of Termon

to'donnellromano

Toal Gallagher of Termon Empty Toal Gallagher of Termon

Post  to'donnellromano Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 am

From Termon: Toal Gallagher (b. 1845) son of Manus Gallagher and Mary O'Donnell married Anna (Nancy)Kennedy (b. 1855) Emigrated to the US with their children: Manus, Daniel, Mary, John, Patrick, James Joseph, Katie, Peter Paul, Alice. They settled in the Germantown section of Philadelphia. My Grandfather, Peter (b.1896) married Charlotte Fries of Kilmacrennan in Baltimore, MD. They lived in the Olney section of Philadelphia. They had eleven children: Peter, Mary Elizabeth, Ann, Michael, James, Jackie, Charlotte, Rose Mary, Katherine, Francis, and Rita. My mother, Rose married John O'Donnell of Drifton, Pa. There are still Gallagher cousins in Termon. I have my Grandfather's Gartan clay - he kept it to keep his home safe. Does anyone know of this tradition/superstition? Can you still get Gartan clay?

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:46 pm