Donegal Community Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donegal Community Forum

This forum is for anyone who is from, or whose family or ancestors hail(ed) from Co. Donegal. The main points of this group are to meet and keep in touch with family and friends and collect and exchange family history information of families and towns.

Family member emigrated from Killybegs area 300 years ago

Laura

Family member emigrated from Killybegs area 300 years ago Empty Family member emigrated from Killybegs area 300 years ago

Post  Laura Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:50 pm

My name is Laura Galliher. I live in Alaska, USA and I had travelled to Donegal, Ireland in 2007 to attend the Gallagher Global Gathering. Since then, I have done tentative research and found that my family may have come from the Killybegs area 300 years ago. There was a family that had at least one daughter and three or more sons. One son enrolled as a surgeon in the Royal Brittish Military, another son became a Catholic priest and the third son travelled across the Atlantic in the early 1700s. It seems the spelling of the name changed from Gallagher to today's spelling of Galliher. I am planning to return to Donegal to explore Killybegs and more of Donegal with another clanswoman in September 2010. Thank you - have a wonderful day!

Laura Galliher

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:24 am